Evidence-Based Clinical Practice & Shared Decision Making in Family Medicine Course – 27 April 2019
This course educational goal is to intensify the flow of knowledge from academic research to clinical practice. Combining interdisciplinary clinical cases with questions of diagnosis and therapy, the course programme tackles the range of questions that occur when searching for information that allows one to base clinical practice on scientific evidence. During this highly interactive course, short faculty lectures alternate with group work in small teams and inclusive discussions.
This one day course aims to develop evidence-based decision making in clinical practice through different interactive teaching and learning methods so family physicians can maintain the standards of evidence-based clinical practice.
Learning Objectives: At the end of the course it is expected family physicians:
- Formulate an answerable clinical question
- Search the evidence quickly and efficiently
- Critically appraise the studies (systematic reviews, clinical practice guidelines, diagnostic studies)
- Consider applying evidence in their practice
Target Audience: Primary Care Physicians and health workers of all ages, from all career levels. We expect that family doctors will find the course to be challenging and applicable.
The course will be held by
-Prof. Dr. Mahasti Alizadeh MD, MPH
Professor of Community and Preventive Medicine
Certified Oxford university and Mc Master University EBM course Trainer
-Assist. Prof. Dr. Samira Abbasgholizadeh Rahimi
Professor at the Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, QC, Canada
Participation in the Evidence-Based Clinical Practice & Shared Decision Making in Family Medicine Course is through selection only. A maximum of 30 participants will be invited. Priority will be given to those who have not previously participated. An adequate level of English is required to be able to properly follow the content of the course.
A) Course fee: 250 USD
B) Course Registration Package: 790 USD includes:
- Course registration
- 3 nights* of accommodation (single room, 5* Divan Hotel Adana, Turkey), (complimentary open buffet Deluxe Continental Breakfast plus complimentary WiFi Included)
- Complimentary registration to the 18th International Eastern Meditteranean Family Medicine Congress
- 2 Lunches and 4 Coffee breaks (26 & 27 April 2019)
- Gala Dinner with participants & faculty (26 April 2019 Friday)
- Airport – Hotel – Airport two-way transfers
- Free course material
Click here to pay with the credit card
Attendees are responsible for making their own travel expenses and arrangements.
*Any inquiries or requests for additional, modifications or cancellations to room reservations should be addressed to writing email firstname.lastname@example.org